Sunday, January 25, 2009

There I stood, playin the game



After a few life lessons, you learn to be suspicious of people. You can spot a 'player' a mile away, fend off a 'line' someone is feeding you and you can definately stay away from the dredded 'game' that we as humans fall so easily into playing with each other.




I decided to go spend the day at the mall with my daughter last weekend. After leaving Victoria's Secret, we noticed a guy in his mid 20's start to follow us. He was talking on the phone but stayed right behind us. I was paying attention to him the whole time and when my daughter finally said "this guy is following us", I hung a quick left into the food court. The guy hung up his phone and said 'excuse me?' I turned around and he started talking. Or should I say flirting. He asked if I was married. Asked me if I was in college and when I said no, he says "You're NOT in college???? How old are you???" I said, "I'm almost 30 what is this about?" and he raises up his hand and says "High Five GIRRRL You're looking GREAT, I would have pegged you at 22 easy.. let me guess, you're babysitting???" "hahaha, No shes mine" another high five "You can't even tell you've had a kid, you're by far the hottest Mom I've seen here today" At this point, I'm thinking.. ok come on, you've fed me all the lines known to mankind that get to a woman. But he kept on, and there I stood.. playing along.






I knew he was full of shit and I knew everything he was saying was rehersed (sp), line for line that he uses with everyone, and even though I hate when people do that, I guess my ego needed a boost.






After a few minutes of us giggling and high fiving <~ is that a word?? He finally asked if I could help him win a 'contest' (he was selling magazines).. he said it would take 2 minutes of my time. I listened to his sales pitch, which was very good!! But still said no in the end. He was upset and said I was his first no of the day. I said sorry and he went on.






Feeling suspicious, I kept my eye on him for the next 45 minutes as we ate lunch. Time after time, I watched him with his surprised eyes and flirty smile give women high five's over and over.. and each one of the women looked exactly as I did.. aware of the game but flattered enough to stay and play.









I could only imagine the talks he has with his buddies at the end of the day about how gullable us women are!!






7 comments:

Carrie Lynne said...

Amen sister! You turned the tables on him,he wasted his time on you. I hate men like that, who try to smother you with their charm. Had he been honest and upfront about what he was doing ( selling magazines ) he might of made a buck or two.

Melissa said...

Exactly my thoughts!

Porter said...

LOL
I guess I don't blow enough sunshine your way.
I need to boost your ego more so you don't need to encourage fidiots like Mall Guy.
:P

Melissa said...

hahaha mall guy! HIGH FIVE! .. hahahaa

Carrie Lynne said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bre said...

Melissa where are you? I made a new myspace and tried to find you to add you and I can't find you anywhere?!?!

Carrie Lynne said...

Did you give up your blog?