Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hidden Barriers



Ok so, here's the deal. I love to write. It's like once you put something into words, on paper, it becomes more realistic and somehow seems more profound. Even in comparison to saying something aloud in person, once it's in writing, its like stamping it as a bold statement saying "THERE IT IS! I SAID IT!". (No takey backies kinda thing)




I guess that is what keeps me hesitant to write too much in a blog. I've been wanting to blog for YEARS but when I sit down to write, I always spill more of myself than I feel comfortable with sharing and therefore it gets deleted.


What is the big deal with opening up anyway? That is the big question I have for myself lately. Actually, it's not just lately, it's been a good year or two that I've kept barriers to keep people away from knowing the real me. I somehow always seem to keep a joking tone to almost any and every thing I do. So I will try my best to open up and BOLDLY say what I want in a blog like this.


Besides, it's sometimes a good thing to try to break down those hidden barriers we build for ourselves.


4 comments:

Bre said...

WHOOO! HOOO! She did it!!

See, now was that SO bad? ;]
But I do know exactly what you mean! I sometimes feel the same way. I mostly blog, just to write down what I am thinking. Even if no one reads my blog, it's more for me to just get whatever I need to say out there. [i do limit myself on the things i talk about tho, i'm not totally cured of my "hidden barriers" either!] It becomes easier every time you post...happy blogging! :]

Porter said...

You girls and your diaries!

Carrie Lynne said...

I am going to hold you to the writing. Just do it, let go and write, hit post and don't look back!

Carrie Lynne said...

I'm back!